You can use the search page to search for tax bills, accounts, properties, etc. You can also search using the search box near the upper-right corner of most pages on this site. To search for a bill, account or property, type any relevant terms into the search box, and click the “Search” button. Here are just a few examples of possible searches:
- Full name. E.g.: John Smith; Smith John; Smith, John; etc.
- Last name. E.g.: Smith; Jones
- Street address. E.g.: 123 Main; 54 Ocean View; Fourteenth
- Last and street names. E.g.: Smith Ocean View; Main Jones
- Account number. You will find this on your tax bill.
- Exact matches. Use quotation marks, e.g.: “Ocean View”; “123 Main”; “John Smith”
If you don’t know what you’re looking for, the following tips might help you:
- Make sure you spell names, streets, etc., correctly.
- Try leaving off words like drive, road, avenue, etc., that are often abbreviated.
- Try other owners’ names; some properties are in one spouse’s name, and some are in both names.
- Watch out for terms that have multiple spellings.
- If you used quotation marks, try again without them: “John Smith” won’t find properties owned by “Smith, John,” but simply typing John Smith will find both.
- Remove special characters, such as ()|\”
Search for “123 Main” instead of “123 Main Street.” Differentiate between multiple spellings like First Street and 1st St.
Viewing Property Tax Bills and Parcels
On the website you can print a duplicate bill and you can see the charges, the most recent payments (if any), and other information as it appears on your printed bill. You can also print a copy of your bill. If there is a balance due, and online payments are allowed for that bill, click the “Pay” button to add the bill to your shopping cart.
While viewing the bill, you will see a “Parcel Details” link. Click it to view detailed information about the parcel.
You will also see a “Full Bill History” link. You can click it to view all the years’ bills for the parcel, along with information about payments and balances due. You can also print any bill. If you wish, you can use your browser’s “print page” feature to print a copy of the bill history.
If a bill has a balance due, and online payments are allowed for that bill, then a “Pay” button will be displayed on the search page, the bill page, and the parcel page. Click the “Pay” button to add the bill to your shopping cart and view the shopping cart page. You may continue adding more bills to your shopping cart, or you may “Check out” to process a payment.
You can remove items from the shopping cart at any time before making a payment by clicking the “Remove” link next to the item. You can empty your shopping cart by clicking the “Empty cart” button near your shopping cart total.
At the top of your shopping cart, where it says, “Select a payment type,” you may select credit or debit card, or e-check. See below for help completing your payment by credit or debit card, or e-check.
Enter your payment information, as explained below, and click on the “Check out” button to complete the transaction. You will receive a confirmation that the transaction has been approved and have the option to print a receipt. Once complete, the transaction cannot be changed or canceled.
Paying by Credit or Debit Card
When you are ready to complete a payment, enter your credit or debit card details in the “Payment Information” section as follows:
- Cardholder’s Name: The cardholder’s name as displayed on the front of the card.
- Cardholder’s Address: Please complete all address fields. This will help in correctly identifying your credit or debit card. Your address must match your bank’s records.
- Card Number: The account number on the front of the card.
- Card Security Code: A short security code. For Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards, the code is three digits and located on the right side of the signature area. For American Express cards, the code is four digits and located above and to the right of the account number.
- Exp. Date: The expiration date on the front of the card in mm/yy format.
- Email Address: Enter contact information so that you can be notified if there is a problem with processing this payment. You will only be contacted in connection with your taxes.
- Please note: A convenience fee may be added to your bill for processing the transaction. The shopping cart page will clearly show any convenience fees before you check out.
Paying by E-Check
When you are ready to complete a payment, enter your e-check information in the Payment Information section as follows:
- Account Holder’s Name: The name as it appears on your bank account.
- Email Address & Phone Number: Enter contact information so that you can be notified if there is a problem with processing this payment. You will only be contacted in connection with your taxes.
- Address: Please complete all address fields. This will help in correctly identifying your bank account.
- Bank Name: The name of your bank.
- Bank Account Type: Indicate whether your bank account is a Checking or Savings account.
- Routing Number: Also known as the ABA number; this is a 9 digit number that can be found at the bottom of your paper checks to the left of your account number. Account will also be capable of processing ACH debit transactions. The Routing Number is verified during the process.
- Account Number: The number of the account from which you wish to make the payment. The format and ordering of numbers on your check may vary, but the account number is always immediately followed by the ||’ character.