Renewal transactions can be conducted online (for same-day pickup, choose the “Express Lane” feature), by mail or in person at any of our four office locations.
New – Express Lane Renewals
Our new service for renewing a registration for your vehicle, boat or mobile home allows you to pay online and pick up your renewal from one of our offices the same or next day.
For same-day pick up – RENEW online before 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Renewals paid after 2:00 p.m. can be picked up the next business day between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Note: If you do not pick up your registration by the end of the business day, the registration will be mailed to the address on record.
New to Florida?
Click below for a list of items you’ll need to bring into our office to register your vehicle.
Renew Express and Express Lane
- Have your renewal notice, registration or license plate number, and proof of insurance available.
- No fee when paying by E-Check
- $2.95 convenience fee for each renewal paid by credit credit card
- You should expect two emails: The first confirming your payment and the second to let you know when your registration is ready for pickup. Allow one hour minimum for processing.
- When you receive the READY FOR PICK UP email, go to the location you selected and go to the designated “Express Lane” station.
- Show your photo ID and you are ready to go!
Courtesy of Renewal Notices
Please note that Florida law does not provide for vehicle registration renewal notices. The State provides renewal notices as a courtesy to vehicle owners. The courtesy renewal notices are mailed approximately three months prior to the birth month or month in which the renewal is due. Failure to receive this courtesy renewal notice does not relieve the vehicle owner of the responsibility to renew their vehicle registration and license plate in a timely manner.
The cost of renewing your registration and tag varies according to the make and model of the vehicle as well as the type of tag you have chosen to display on your vehicle.