If you did not receive a renewal notice and would like to renew by mail, please submit the following items:
- Photocopy of current registration
- Proof of Florida insurance (photocopy of card, photocopy of binder, or insurance affidavit completed by vehicle owner)
- Check or Money Order for the proper fees made payable to Ruth Pietruszewski, Tax Collector. Please use blue or black ink to write checks. As the transfer of funds between banks becomes more electronic, the technology used for transmission best reads blue or black ink. When other colors are used there is a risk that the check can not be properly read and may be returned for non payment.
If you would like to renew in person at one of our branch offices, please bring the following items:
- Current registration, license plate number and vehicle identification number.
- Proof of Florida insurance (card, binder, or insurance affidavit completed by vehicle owner).
- Payment in the form of cash, check (please use blue or black ink to write checks), money order or credit/debit card (we accept MasterCard, American Express, and Discover over-the-counter). ATM machines are in all locations.
A renewal is sent to the registered owner in Martin County by the Florida Department of Public Safety. The renew or reminder as it is sometime called, is mailed as a courtesy prior to expiration. It is the registered owner’s responsibility that the registration is renewed on or before their birth date.