Recent military service and medical records are not online. However, most veterans and their next of kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and the following military service records any of the ways listed below.

3 Veterans smiling for photo
  • Present their DD-214, which shows their honorable discharge from active duty.
  • Pay a one-time $1 fee, in addition to the replacement or renewal fee.
  • For more information verifying a veterans Active Military Services – please call our office 288 – 5600.

Veterans who need to obtain a copy of their DD-214, may request it through the National Archives, which provides information on how to make the request online:

Request Military Service Records