Martin County Tax Collector now processing applications for new Concealed Weapon licenses and printing renewals on-site.

Customers that would like to submit a concealed weapon license application or have their renewal license printed at the Tax Collector’s office can walk in at 8:00AM. When you arrive at the Martin County Tax Collector’s office at, 3485 SE Willoughby Blvd., Stuart, FL 34994 OR at, 11734 SE Federal Hwy Hobe Sound, FL 33455, you will be directed to a computer station. Renewal permits are printed on-site.  You will walk out with your renewal permit in your hand in a few minutes.

Hobe Sound CWP Appointment
Stuart CWP Appointment
  • OR Call Stuart office at: (772) 419-4541 OR
  • Call Hobe Sound office at: (772) 320-3094 OR
  • Email:

If you have questions not covered here contact the Department of Agriculture at (850) 245-5691.The Department of Agriculture has up to 90 days to process a Concealed Weapon application.

In addition to providing identification materials, payment must be provided in the form of cash, personal check, cashier’s check, money order, and/or credit cards accepted. (NOTE: A convenience fee is charged when using a credit card by the company that processes the payment. No portion of this fee is retained by the Tax Collector’s office.)

I am a Florida resident with a Florida concealed weapon/firearm license.  Are there carry restrictions that I should observe while traveling?

Yes, there are fist of all, you should be aware that, as noted above, you are limited in many states as to the type of weapon that you can conceal.  Many states allow concealed carry of handguns or pistols only.

In addition, most states’ gun laws prohibit carrying concealed weapons into such places as schools, bars, courthouses and so on.  Generally speaking, the other states’ list are all quite similar to Florida’s.  Florida’s list of designated “No Carry” places is found in Section 790.06, Florida Statues.

A license planning to travel to another state should consult that state’s laws or call a law enforcement agency in that state to find out precisely what carry restrictions apply.

Click on this link for reciprocity information  This link pertains important information concerning concealed weapon license reciprocity with other states with exceptions noted in the footnotes. 

Bring one of the following items/documents when submitting application at the Martin County Tax Collector’s office:

  • A Picture ID
  • Driver License or state-issued identification card
  • U.S. Active duty/retiree/reservist Military ID card
  • U.S. Passport or Naturalization documents required if born outside the U.S.
  • Foreign Passport with appropriate immigration documents
  • U.S.Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs ID card
  • An identification card issued by U.S. Dept. of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service

Training documents or certificate that confirms you are proficient with firearms:

  • Approved hunter education or safety course
  • National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course
  • Any training or safety course conducted by an NRA certified instructor
  • Law enforcement safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, or special deputies
  • U.S. Armed Forces may submit a copy of DD214 (Long Version Only)
  • Firearms safety or training class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, state college or private institution who utilize certified instructors.

For renewals, please bring with you:

  • A Photo ID
  • CW Card or License #

We recommend you review the application instructions and Florida Statute 790 for additional documents you may need Visit for more information from the Dept. of Agriculture—Licensing Division.


  • Concealed Weapon or Firearm: Florida Resident $119.00
  • Concealed Weapon or Firearm: Out of State Resident $119.00
  • Florida Law Enforcement Officer: Active $77.00
  • Florida Law Enforcement Officer: Retired 0-1 year $22.00
  • Florida Law Enforcement Officer: Retired 1+ year(s) $94.00
  • Consular Security Official $322.00
  • Judge: Active $22.00
  • Renewals (Resident) $57.00
  • Renewals (Out of State Resident) $99.00